Sunday 26 February 2012

Reading Week Finale: Days 7, 8, 9 & 10!


Day 7 – Thursday February 23
I slept in until 11:30 today which was absolutely glorious. I didn’t have to work today which was also glorious, so I used the day to check off some of the things on my to do list. 

Lauren, Laina and I were supposed to go to Festival Du Voyageur but because I was super excited about it of course we didn’t go. Instead we went to Moxies downtown. I had seafood linguine which had little baby octopuses in it that I didn’t notice until the end of the meal. Blech! But the three of us had fun time chattin’ it.
After dinner we went to Kawaii Crepe because I was craving a peanut butter cheesecake crepe. I know, I know, I’m not supposed to be eating any desserts this month, but did you hear what I said? PEANUT BUTTER CHEESECAKE! Don’t be hatin’. 
Moxies Photo Shoot

Kawaii Crepe post its and Laina
Lauren was getting super antsy as she always is, so after Laina and I ate our crepes we ran across the street to the Greenroom to meet up with Sarah, Brandon, and Megan. Mitch’s band Wang the Merciless was playing so we wanted to go and lend our loud cheering voices for the boy. I’ve never been to the Greenroom before, but I really had a great time. 

Mitchevus


Day 8 – Friday February 24
I slept in again today which was fabulous as usual. I made myself a delicious breakfast: cinnamon raisin French toast smother in peanut butter and Nutella, and topped with blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries. I didn’t have to work until 6:30 so I had another day to chill at home and work on a few things. 


I eventually headed off to work. I work at The Body Shop which can only be so exciting. Customers come in, browse, and leave. End of work day. Now I don’t usually have my phone on me while I’m at work, but I wanted to take a few pictures of possible prize giveaways in case my fellow creators of Undressed Winnipeg magazine actually want to put some work into doing some publicity. 


I told Katie that I’d go to her place after work for a girls night in, but by the time I got home and had a shower, I decided I was too lazy to venture back out into the cold. And so I called it an early night and fell into bed with Zac Efron my cozy blankets.

Day 9 – Saturday February 25
I spent the majority of the day working on some sick ideas for the Red Dress Gala I will be hosting as part of my IPP, which was a lot of fun. You guys are in for quite a treat with that one.

I worked at Penningtons at 2 and it was quite the busy day so of course I hid in the corner furthest from the customers so I didn’t have to do  any real work worked my ass off trying to help customers. 

After work I did some grocery shopping then headed home. I cooked the best tasting steak I’ve ever had, and made some killer mash potatoes and veggies. Once again I work a bit more on my IPP, watched T.V., then went to bed.

Day 10 – Sunday February 26
Which brings us to the last day of my reading week.  Today was my last day to sleep in and boy did I sleep! I’m going to miss not being able to sleep until 11:30, and man what I wouldn’t give for a few extra days of vacation.

Like yesterday, I spent most of the day working on my Red Dress Gala. Our written IPP proposal is due this Tuesday so I wanted to make sure I got the bulk of it done today. Working on my proposal was great because I got a ton of other great ideas flowing out of my over active brain. 

Aside from writing my proposal, I had a day filled with The Academy Awards. My roommate and I watched the pre-show...which was four hours long by the way...and the red carpet....another hour or two....followed by the actually awards...three hours long! 

That pretty much sums up my reading week. Nothing crazy exciting, but I relaxed, had fun, and got some work done, which was my goal for the week. I’m not particularly looking to this week of classes, but all of March is going to be a pretty fun and eventful time school-wise. We get a day off to go somewhere beyond the perimeter to work on our travel assignment, we have two or three days off to go and watch the second year IPP presentations at the convention centre, we get another day off to present our own IPP ideas to a panel of judges, and we get to launch Undressed Winnipeg at our school magazine fair. 

March is also a good month because I get to celebrate my birthday. So if you haven’t confirmed your attendance to this epic event, get your booty to Facebook and do so RIGHT NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment