Sunday 19 February 2012

Reading Week: Days 1, 2 & 3

This reading week I plan to relax, work, and check of a chunk of things off of my “to do list”. I know, relaxing doesn’t really seem to fit in, but I’m definitely going to try. Check my blog daily if you’re interested in how I spent my “holiday”. 

Day 1- Friday February 17
Normally I have classes until 3 on Fridays but my advertising instructor Melodie was kind enough to hand us our assignment and send us off for reading week. Which would mean I would leave school at 2 right? Wrong! I signed out an ENG video camera for the week so I could hopefully work on my Alpha Phi montage. My tape was full so I needed to get everything onto my hard drive so I would have room for more filming. It seemed like a quick and easy task, which of course meant it would actually take forever. I didn’t leave school until 5:30!

After I FINALLY got home, I ran a few errands and took a 45 minute nap. Not long but it did the job. Then my friend Lauren came over and we hung out for a bit until heading out to Bryan’s party. It was a lot of fun getting to know people from other sections. Earlier that day we all declared our majors and I got to know some of the other girls in CreComm who I’ll be spending time with next year. 


Day 2- Saturday February 18
I didn’t get to bed until around 3AM, but I got to sleep until 11 so it wasn’t too much of a big deal. I was actually pretty exhausted from the night before, but had to shake it off because I had a 1-4 shift. I really didn’t want to work because I wanted to enjoy my Saturday, but I also have to pay the bills. So off to work I went. My Saturday night was pretty chill. I took yet another nap, made some dinner, watched Valentine’s Day with the roommate, had a mini dance party in my room as I do most nights, and then went to bed.

Day 3- Sunday February 19
Today was a lot of fun. I woke up at 8AM (since I’m so used to getting up early for school) but then just lied in bed for about an hour or so. After I cooked myself some breakfast, I showered and ran out the door to head to my friend Kimiya’s house. Recently I wrote an article about her and her views on sex before marriage. She’s grew up in Somalia so the sex practices there are a lot different than they are here. It’s a really interesting story so if you’re interesting in reading, you should pick up a copy of Undressed Winnipeg magazine at Red River’s magazine fair on March 30th. Or message me if you would like to order a copy. Anywho, I went over to Kimiya’s house to take some photos of her to go along with the article I wrote. She’s a model so she’s getting pretty used to being in front of the camera. 



The Beautiful Kimiya Yussuf. Follow her on Twitter: @kimiyayussuf



Right now I’m just chillen in bed watching 127 hours and eatin some pizza. 

Tomorrow’s Louis Riel day and as much as I would LOVE to go to Grand Forks with my little sis Michal, I highly doubt that’s going to happen. My life’s super predictable that way, but I’ll save my sob story another post. 

Since I’ll be in regular old Winnipeg tomorrow, I’m going over to my cousin’s house to give her another piano lesson. After that? Not quite sure what the rest of the day has in store for me. I might head down to Festival Du Voyageur with my friend Claire if she’s free, but we shall see. 

What are you all up to this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment