Thursday 23 February 2012

Reading Week Continued...Days 4, 5, & 6


Day 4 – Monday February 20

As predicted, I didn’t get to Grand Forks on Monday. Oh well, what can you do?! Instead I went to my cousin’s house early in the morning to give her another piano lesson. We’re in the beginning stages right now but I’m hoping she tries to practice as much as she can so she can be as good as me; which will be easy considering I’m no piano pro. 

After the lesson, being the amazing daughter I am, I decided to take mama Jennings out for sushi. I’ve been craving sushi for weeks since Jackie Doming keeps instagramming pictures of her delicious looking sushi 
adventures. 
I created a big to do list of things I want to get done over the break, and one thing I was able to cross of my list was organizing our storage closet, which happens to be in my bedroom. Junk has been piling up in there and it has been driving me bonkers. 
To Do List













 Even though I made myself a long to do list, I also wanted to fix relaxing into the reading week equation. What better way to relax than to play Mario Kart with the roommate?


Day 5 – Tuesday February 21

I woke up at 8AM because I had to return the camera I used for Sunday’s photo shoot, to the school library. I didn’t mind getting to school so early because that gave me time to squeeze in a nice workout at the gym. I did a workout for about 45 minutes then intended on working on my passion party ads for Undressed Winnipeg magazine (a local magazine exploring the fearless, the fresh, and the frisky sides of sexuality I Winnipeg). I was excited to get some work done but all the computers on campus were running suuuuuuuuuuuper slow...which means I didn’t get a chance to do anything productive.
If only I could have finished...
The main reason I went to school on Tuesday is because I applied to be a student ambassador for the Red River College open house. I stayed at school until 8PM giving tours to potential new students and their parents. It was actually a pretty fun time. I got to meet some current students in other programs (all is business and accounting) which was nice because I only knew CreCommers up until then. 
After a long day of touring I rushed home, showered, and got dressed to meet Lauren at Kawaii Crepe, A.K.A. the tastiest place in Winnipeg. After we ate we headed out to The Cheer for the Individual Professional Project (IPP) fundraiser put on by 2nd year CreCommers. We got to mix and mingle, and watch the CreComm band, which is always a good time. One of Mitch’s bands, Wang the Merciless, was also good.
Lauren Parsons

CreComm Band

Me, Mitch, and Laure

Mitch Kruse
Day 6 – Wednesday

I gave tours at school again from 9-2. After that I met with the other creators of Undressed Winnipeg to set up dates for more photo shoots and stuff. Then I tried to works on my ads again but the computers were still working against me.

I got home around 5 or so and decided I needed a nap. It’s not so much that I needed one, but wanted to take advantage of the fact that I could have one. 3 hours later I woke up, made some dinner, and had a quiet evening in front of the T.V., followed by a solo dance party in my room before bed, as I always do!

Any interesting stories from anyone’s vacation so far? I know Sydnie is having a great time in Phoenix ;)

2 comments:

  1. Lauren looks SO normal in that pic hahahahah (the one with the three of us)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you noticed, Mitch :p

    ReplyDelete